Virgo Super Full Moon Ritual 2020
As we head into the Full Moon tonight and out of Mercury in Retrograde (FINALLY!), it's important to release all those thoughts + feelings that no longer serve us. You may be feeling a lack of energy, a sense of disorganization, and overall feeling of drowning in all the things that weigh you down. It's time to cut cords and release as we welcome in Spring, new beginnings and a sense of purpose.
This is a quick release but feel free to extend it by adding meditation, an oracle card pull, a nature walk to ground or a cleansing Full Moon bath. Take this time for you.
Complete this ritual between March 9-13th. As written it should take you about half an hour.
You Will Need:
- Cleansing tool of choice (Sage, Selenite Wand, Grounding Spray)
- Candle (I like white for this ritual, but any candle will do)
- Full Moon Oil or Essential Oil of Choice
- A toilet paper roll core
- Dried Herbs/Grains (Whatever you have on hand (raid your pantry) - oregano, thyme, rosemary, rose petals, dried leaves, oatmeal, rice) - just a pinch of each.
- A piece of blank paper
Gather everything above in front of you and light your candle. Put all your herbs and grains you choose into a small bowl and add a drop or two of your essential oil/Full Moon oil.
1) To begin, cleanse your space + yourself, using your cleansing tool of choice. Make sure a window is open. As you cleanse your space, feel free to say "I cleanse this space with my intentions true, all negative energy released and removed. I remove all energy that no longer serves and welcome in pure, cleansing light."
As you cleanse yourself and your gathered ingredients, say "I release and remove all negative energy that shadows my body, mind and spirit. Thank you for all you have taught me, You are no longer welcome. I welcome in warm, pure, bright white light into my heart and soul, and into these tools I use."
2) Next, take a drop of the Moon Oil or Essential Oil in your palm, rub your hands together and breathe it in. Then, sit in your space. Whether you choose to meditate or sit silently with your thoughts, is up to you. Take some time to really think about the things you would like to release. What would it mean for you? What would you do knowing you no longer had those burdens? After you have sat with your thoughts, write down all those things which you are releasing. Be as detailed or vague as you would like, but get it all out. Include things like thought patterns, events, past behaviours, emotions, people, things, beliefs.. Aim for about 20-30 things you are letting go of. When you are done, read the page over and review what you are saying goodbye to.
3) Take your sheet of paper and shred it into thin strips. As you shred, sit with the feelings that come up and energy that comes from the release. Put them into a pile.
4) Take your toilet paper roll core and write out 3 intentions or things you want to manifest for the coming month onto the core. Be as specific as possible, like "I am successful" or "I am at peace", "Joy", "Wealth" or "Gratitude" and only in the present tense (Not "I will be happy", but "I am happy"). Fold up the end (see picture) but leave one side open.
5) Add the papers into the centre of the core. Next, grab your herbs and grains. Sprinkle them over the top of the pile of papers in the core, pinch by pinch, and say:
“It is time for me to start fresh, it is time for me to let go of the past. I must accept my life. I must accept where I stand today. I now wholeheartedly accept where I am and who I am. I love myself. I love my life. I love my soul”
6) Close up the other end of the toilet paper roll. Now, take your string and wrap it around the core packet. As you wrap it up, say:
“I open to the beauty of life. I open to the Moon on this night. May I remain open to the gifts and bounties on my way, may I remain centered if any volatility comes my way. I love myself. I love my life. I know I have the power to overcome whatever troubles me. I ask Mother Moon, the Universe, and my Angelic Guides to help guide me, support me, and lead me to the next best steps on my path. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
Tuck the ends of the ribbon/string in so it's all held together.
7) Hold your packet in the smoke overtop of your candle (being careful not to burn yourself or the packet). As you hold it, say:
“I have now released and let go of all that no longer serves. Moving forward, I ask for my life to be filled with more (your intentions). I am now walking my highest path. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
8) The Spell is done. Leave your packet outside under the light of the Full Moon, or in a window sill. Extinguish your candle and clean up your space.
After 3 days, take your packet and throw it away in a garbage can while out for a walk or at a cross roads, but do not keep it! Remove it from your space and energy, so try not to throw it away somewhere you frequently go.
Happy Full Moon! I wish you a peaceful and glorious Release!